What is this product?
Ketzi shampoo® is used for treating tinea (pityriasis) versicolor. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Ketoconazole shampoo is an imidazole antifungal. It works by preventing the growth of fungus.
What are the contraindications?
Do NOT use ketoconazole shampoo if you are allergic to any ingredient in ketoconazole shampoo.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
What should I learn before using ketoconazole shampoo?
Some medical conditions may interact with ketoconazole shampoo. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems or the blood disease porphyria
- if you have a history of alcohol abuse
- Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with ketoconazole shampoo. Because little, if any, of ketoconazole shampoo is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if ketoconazole shampoo may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
What are the possible side effects?
-Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Alopecia, dry skin, abnormal hair texture, rash, skin burning sensation, folliculitis
-Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Acne, contact dermatitis, skin disorder, skin exfoliation
-Frequency not reported: Normal hair loss increased, irritation, scalp pustules, mild skin dryness, oiliness/dryness of hair and scalp, pruritus
-Postmarketing reports: Hair discoloration/hair color changes, itching, angioedema, urticaria, skin irritation.
-Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Application site erythema, application site irritation, application site pruritus, application site reaction
-Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Application site hypersensitivity, application site pustules
Application site reactions have also been reported during postmarketing experience with the shampoo.
-Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Hypersensitivity
-Postmarketing reports: Hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis)
-Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Dysgeusia
-Frequency not reported: Removal of curl from permanently waved hair